I’m hiring for some pretty exciting roles. As a product manager within Comcast’s TVX team you will shape the way people think about and watch TV. You’ll join a team that is rapidly changing the landscape of TV from a position of massive scale. If you or someone you know is interested, keep reading and be sure to reach out.
Here are just a few things our team accomplished recently together:
- Shaped experience for the Rio 2016 Olympics which drove Nielsen ratings in X1 households significantly higher than non-Comcast due to the superior sports experience and integrated streaming content.
- Innovating around our Voice Remote enabling kids, sports fans, and movie lovers to easily and quickly get to what they want to watch all thru just using their voice.
- XFINITY Stream App is now one of the most popular ways to watch TV on your favorite mobile device bringing together live streaming with your personalized DVR. Also added Roku with more connected devices on the way. Recent ad.
- Our X1 TV platform won an Emmy for its user experience–and we continue to make it better, deploying new features and functionality all the time. Just a few months ago we integrated Netflix in a way that Reed Hastings himself called “the most convenient UI (user interface) we’ve ever had.”
There are several product management roles available on my team from entry level to seasoned product leadership roles. Overall they look like roles you’ve seen at other technology companies. You’ll collaborate with other product managers and colleagues from design, development, business, marketing, editorial, support, legal, and operations to develop product strategies and requirements; successfully deliver new features to our customers and then measure their success. Rinse and repeat.
Today there are at least four roles open across two of my teams (although not all are posted):
- Expanding Content on X1: Looking for two Senior Product Managers one focused on how we include popular apps across Web Video and Music onto X1 and another looking at directly integrating streaming video content within the experience (similar to Netflix). These two positions are based in Silicon Valley.
- XFINITY Stream and TV Remote Apps: Looking for an entry-level product management role as well as a much more experienced Principal Product Management role. These two positions are based in Philadelphia.
I’m looking to build a diverse team and one that taps into people that bring with unique backgrounds. Our products aim to serve people of all types looking to watch TV—what perspective will you bring?