Mary Meeker – 2012 Internet Trends
My top three takeaways:
1. 10% of time on Mobile but only 1% of advertising dollars (lots of upside)
- BUT eCPMs are 5X lower on mobile vs. desktop.
- HOWEVER Japan has shown mobile RPU can be monetized
- Some app makers are making up the revenue up on volume
2. Two firehoses for growth: Facebook Open Graph and Apple App Store
- Viddy got 17MM users in 7 days (similar w/Socialcam)
- The combination of the two platforms magnify each other
3. Personally excited about the “white space” in the Car and TV
- 52 minutes/day by 144MM Americans in cars (I do 2X that)
- 3 hours/day in front of TVs with 50MM now Internet connected
She then went on to share her views on the US Economy which is mostly bearish with a few bright spots (like on-shoring the smartphone OS market).