I’m looking forward to attending next year’s SxSW and am impressed at all the panels that people have proposed. Below is one I’d like to moderate, provided I get selected. 🙂
How do you design a site that lets users feel it is truly “community owned and operated”? A site that supports business objectives centered around creating user-generated content, and differentiating it from company content? This panel will explore the issues surrounding a user-centric site, including voice, interaction, and visual design.
Some potential panelists could include folks from: Yahoo! Answers, YouTube, Facebook, WordPress, and perhaps Ning. Vote for this panel.
Other panels I’m interested in:
- View some of the panels proposed by other eBay Designers
- The Back of the Napkin: Solving Problems with Pictures by Dan Roam
- Design Metrics: “Better than because I said so” by Micah Alpern
- The Design, Development, and Science of Web Forms
- The State of Professional Front-End Engineering by Nate Koechley